How to Install Excel Add-in
1. Save the add-in file to your computer.
Pick any folder on your hard drive that is easy for you to find. My suggestion is to create a folder named “Excel Crib” and place it in your Documents folder.
2. Open Excel and go to the Options Menu.
This varies depending on your version of excel.
2007 – Office Button > Excel Options
2010, 2013 & 2016 – File > Options
3. Click the “Add-Ins” option on the left-side menu, and then click the “Go…” button.
You may have to wait a few seconds for the window to appear.
4. Click the “Browse…” button on the Add-Ins Menu.
5. Locate the add-in file you saved in Step 1, and click OK.
6. The Add-in will appear in the list and should be enabled, click OK.
7. Installation Complete (almost)
The add-in is now installed. However, there is now an additional step due to an Office Security Update in July 2016. Please see the section below for instructions.
The folder that the add-in file is saved in needs to be added as a Trusted Location in Excel. The instructions on how to trust the folder location are below.
1. Open the Excel Options menu
File > Options
2. Open the Trust Center menu and Add a new location
Trust Center > Trust Center Settings… > Trusted Locations > Add new location.
3. Browse for the folder that you saved the add-in file in.
4. Press OK, the folder should now appear in the Trusted Locations list.
5. Press OK on the Trust Center and Excel Options menu to close the menus.
6. The add-in is now in a trusted location and the XL Campus tab will appear every time you open Excel.
Unblock the File
Some users still have issues with the add-in’s ribbon disappearing after trusting the folder location. If this happens to you, you will need to Unblock the file by changing a file property.
1. Locate the Add-in file (.xla, .xlam) in Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click the file and select Properties.
3. At the bottom of the General tab you should see a Security section. Check the box that says Unblock.
4. Press the OK button.
5. Close Excel completely and re-open it. The add-in should now load and any custom ribbons will appear.
Excelcrib was founded in November 2017 by Garry, a Microsoft® Office Excel® (MS Excel) enthusiast with background in engineering. He's been using MS Excel for more than 15 years in practice with specialty in VBA.